Code of Conduct for IHLMA Members
IHLMA Members are people or organisations who are engaged in the manufacturer of hearing loop technology. Only IHLMA Members are able to vote at IHLMA meetings.
Hearing Loop technologies are a preferred solution for providing hearing access in many public and private environments, with the ability to make a substantial positive impact on the experience of end users.Members of IHLMA will agree to conduct themselves in accordance with these Principles and recognise their responsibility to do whatever is reasonably possible to ensure installed Hearing Loop systems will:
• provide a genuine benefit to end-users
• be compliant with relevant performance standards
• be compliant with relevant accessibility legislation
• have clear and visible signage
• be installed and commissioned by suitably competent personnel
• be properly managed and maintained by suitably competent personnel
Members will provide:
• accurate guidance and instructions
• product documentation and specifications and product accessories
• training as required to ensure their products and their Hearing Loop systems meet these requirements.
Members will actively promote good practice, and adoption of these principles, to all parties involved in specification, installation, management and use of their Hearing Loop systems.
Members will also take opportunities to engage with other influencing organisations and individuals including audiologists, hearing instrument manufacturers, charitable groups and government agencies, to promote the benefits and principles of Hearing Loops.